Written by David Stegon
Army Chief of Staff Ray Odierno released his Marching Orders to guide the future of the Army.
Odierno listed the following priorities:
- Provide trained, equipped, and ready forces to win the current fight while maintaining responsiveness for unforeseen contingencies.
- Develop the force of the future, Army 2020 as part of Joint Force 2020 – a versatile mix of capabilities, formations, and equipment.
- Sustain our high-quality All-Volunteer Army – Soldiers, Civilians, and Families, in the Active and Reserve Components.
- Adapt leader development to meet our future security challenges in an increasingly uncertain and complex strategic environment.
- Foster continued commitment to the Army Profession, a noble and selfless calling founded on the bedrock of trust.