Written by David Stegon
The Census Bureau has redesigned the census.gov home page in the first of many planned enhancements to its website over the coming year, the agency announced.
New features include:
- A top drop-down menu for quick navigation to key topics.
- An embeddable dashboard in the upper right corner featuring our economic indicators. Reporters can subscribe to receive automatic updates.
- A prominent “Census News” section in the middle of the page.
- A new interactive map showing in-depth business and demographic information for the nation, states and counties.
- A “Stat of the Day” highlighting statistics across all the data collected by the Census Bureau.
- A “mega footer” with links categorized under familiar topics and highly trafficked pages.
- A feature for users to provide feedback.