The Defense Commissary Agency is looking for a chief information officer. The job pays between $116,037 and $150,848 per year and is open for applications until November 12.
The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) mission is our people. It is DeCA’s goal to have a workforce that is representative of the nation’s diverse cultures and backgrounds. We strive for a work environment of world-class enterprise leaders and an engaged, highly motivated, and capable workforce with a results oriented performance culture.
The DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products at cost to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families. The agency employs about 18,000 people and its annual sales exceed $5 billion.
• Serves as the Agency’s principal strategic planner, leader, and advisor on IT and technical enterprise architecture planning, and functions as a key personal advisor to the Director and Deputy Director on overall IT matters.
• Ensures the capital planning and investment process provides for a positive return on investment and links to the Planning Programming, and Budgeting System (PPBS).
• Provides leadership to the organizational elements to assure a clear understanding of established program objectives, and major policy concepts.
• Reviews, interprets, and enforces laws, and Department of Defense (DoD) policies and regulatory material to ascertain relative significance and impact on the Agency’s mission and operations, and to ensure compliance with these requirements.
• Responsible for overall programming, planning and direction of an Agency Information Assurance (IA) Office, providing security measures systems, platforms and information, including acquisition oversight of IA requirements and IA strategies.
• Serves as the Agency Designated Approving Authority for certification and accreditation of the IT enterprise environment.
• Responsible for the program management and implementation of retail business solutions and the IT infrastructure to provide 24×7 operational support for global systems and networks.