The Federal Aviation Administration launched its first mobile website aimed at providing quick access to popular FAA.gov information.
FAA Mobile, located at www.faa.gov/mobile, fully supports iOS 4 and higher, as well as Android 2.2 and higher.
FAA described the following features of the site:
- N-Number Lookup Look up any aircraft’s N-number to see ownership, registration, aircraft manufacturer and model, and more information. See Example
- U.S. Airport Status and Delays Review information about airport status and delays across the entire National Airspace System (NAS), or look up the status of a particular airport to plan your travel schedule. See Example
- Advisory Circular (AC) Lookup Find and read advisory circulars to help you comply with FAA regulations. See Example
- Flight Standards District Office (FSDO) Locator Locate the closest offices based on your current location, if you have Location Services enabled on your device. You can also locate FSDOs by region or by office name. See Example
- Wildlife Strike Reporting Report an aircraft wildlife strike or edit an existing wildlife strike report. See Example
- News and Press Releases Read the three most recent FAA news stories and press releases. See Example