The Federal Emergency Management Agency is looking for a Geospatial Information Officer.
According to the post the person will:
- Serve as an expert and consultant to top agency management official to provide advice on and direct the formulation of geospatial information and technology approaches needed to support agency mission, initiatives, and priorities.
- Coordinates work efforts with the Assistant Administrator for Response, Assistant Administrator for Recovery, Assistant Administrator for Logistics Management, Director of the Office of FCO Operations, and the Office of the Administrator.
- Performs advanced needs analyses to define opportunities to formulate new and/or improved business process solutions relevant to GIS and associated Web-Based GIS applications.
- Perform a variety of market analyses and configuration design tasks associated with the acquisition and/or development of agency enterprise GIS.
- Consult with customers on specific requirements, and provides extensive programmatic technical expertise and guidance in the development of optimum solutions to obtaining necessary Geospatial Services.
- Provide leadership to FEMA and other Federal agencies supporting the National Response Framework in the development of disaster situation assessment programs and policies.
Salary range is $123,758 and $155,000 a year and application deadline is July 24. See full job description and apply here.