Written by David Stegon
The Office of Management and Budget released its Fiscal Year 2011 report to Congress on the Implementation of the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) of 2002.
- 78 percent of all major agencies submitted data automatically to the Homeland Security Department’s Cyberscope program last year, up from 56 percent the year before
- 80 percent of all agencies implemented an automated asset inventory management capability
- 78 percent were using an automated configuration management capability
- 77 percent were using an automated vulnerability management software.
- 90 percent of all federal employee have HSPD-12 compliant smartcards
- 19 of 24 agencies reported data to Cyberscope in 2011
- agencies spent $13.3 billion on cybersecurity in 2011