Lean in. Working Mother magazine has released its list of 50 Most Powerful Moms for 2013. Government and IT leaders hold 13 spots, dominating the business roster among leading ladies in entertainment, fashion and sports.
Not surprisingly, tech’s biggest titans Marissa Mayer, Yahoo CEO, and Sheryl Sandberg, author and chief operating officer of Facebook, rank in the top 10, which is rounded out by Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), a mom of three and the chair of the Democratic National Committee.
Also keeping company with the likes of Beyoncé (a first-time mother, who holds the first spot on the lineup), Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow are:
- Safra Catz, president and CEO of Oracle
- Michèle Flournoy, co-founder and co-chair of the board of directors, Center for a New American Security
- Former congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), the only stepmother on the list
- Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.)
- Margaret Hamburg, commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration
- Laurene Powell Jobs, founder and chair of the Emerson Collective, and now a single parent after the death of husband Steve
- Corporate Vice President of the Windows Experience at Microsoft Julie Larson-Green
- Katie Jacobs Stanton, the head of international sales and development for Twitter
- President and CEO of Hewlett Packard Meg Whitman
- Susan Wojcicki, senior vice president of advertising for Google
Every woman on the list has at least one child under 18 at home. You can read the full list here.