Continued attention is needed to protect the nation’s critical infrastructure against cyber attacks, the Government Accountability Office said in a recently-released report.
The report states that, despite recent actions taken, a number of challenges remain to enhance the security of a cyber-reliant critical infrastructure.
- implementing actions recommended by the president’s cybersecurity policy review
- updating the national strategy for securing the information and communications infrastructure
- reassessing DHS’s planning approach to critical infrastructure protecting
- strengthening public-private partnerships, particularly for information sharing
- enhancing the national capability for cyber warning and analysis
- addressing global aspects of cybersecurity and governance; and
- securing the modernized electricity grid, referred to as the “smart grid.”